Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How Blonde Can You Really Get?

How Blonde Can You Go? How Blonde Can You Go?

 

Now that spring has sprung upon on it is time to brighten up our locks!!   The question now is how blonde can you get without damaging your hair?!  First and for most if you are a brunette don’t expect to be blonde overnight, if you are wanting to go from one extreme to the other, now if you are wanting something subtle to brighten you up then that is perfect!  Now for you blodies if you are wanting to get even lighter as spring and summer approach the best suggestion I have for you is do it, but with this process you have to be sure that your hair will not get over processed.  Being in the industry I have had my share of blondes that have come to me with their hair broken off, completely dried out some to the extreme where all I can say is its best to cut it short and restore what healthy hair you do have left.  I will say once you have had your hair over processed it will take quite a bit of time for your hair to grow out of it, and I am not talking months ladies… it could take years.  I have a client who came to me 2 years ago to be exact, she had this beautiful long hair, but as the economy went down she thought she would save some money by going to someone who wasn’t as expensive… the only problem was it didn’t cost her $$ it cost her her hair!! She came to me with hair that was literally broken about 4 inches away from her scalp… she didn’t want to be a brunette and she didn’t want her hair cut off…  Didn’t leave me too many options, so what I did is I kept her as a blonde making sure I never overlapped into her already pre-lightened hair and I worked with her on the cut, I took off a little bit of length and gave her layers that would help blend in the hair that was broken off, now 2 years later her hair is healthier than ever, she is a bombshell blonde and her hair is once again long with beautiful long layers that have shape and movement.  As we know we all end up building a personal relationship with our stylist, why because at the end of the day we are putting something very dear to us in their hands…. Our hair!!!  For more information please visit our website at thebeautyboxsalon.com or call at 214-559-3572, see you in my chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment